Cranberry Apple Crumble Topped Pancakes are a delicious sweet and tart holiday morning breakfast. If you love impressive but easy breakfast recipes, then you will love this dressed up pancake recipe!
Cranberry Apple Crumble Topped Pancakes is the perfect way to kick off one of my most favorite weeks of the year. While I am an absolute Christmas-aholic, I love the week of Thanksgiving because it is the first time you truly start to feel the holiday spirit. With days off of school, holiday decorations going up, and a big family meal, not to mention my favorite shopping day of the year (yes I am one of those people who loves Black Friday) there is something so magical about this week. As much as I love Christmas Day, I like the anticipation building up to it just as much. This delicious dressed up pancake recipe was sponsored by Collective Bias and its advertisers. As always, all opinions are my own.
This time of year calls for lots of family meals, and while the focus is usually on dinners, you can’t forget about breakfast! If you are having overnight guests, you need to have some great holiday breakfast recipes in your recipe box. While we often pull out all the stops for dinner, nobody wants to be slaving over the stove at 8 A.M. This Cranberry Apple Crumble Topped Pancakes recipe is perfect because you can make the crumble up to three days in advance, and then just whip up the pancakes and serve when you need them! I used the Aunt Jemima Buttermilk Complete Mix for this recipe, which is great because you only need water!
This was the first time I ever tried the complete mix, and I have to say that I was beyond impressed! These pancakes come out light, fluffy, and delicious, without much effort! My daughter was grabbing the pancakes out of my stack while taking photos! She couldn’t stop eating them!
The pancake serves as the perfect base for the cranberry crumble, which are baked apples and fresh cranberries, sweetened, and then topped with a mixture of brown sugar, oats, and flour. This recipe is decadent and dessert like, but the pancake base helps it stay breakfast-appropriate! The cranberries are also tart, so this isn’t an overly sweet breakfast. I used 1/2 a cup of sugar in my cranberries, so if you don’t like the tartness of cranberries and like your breakfast on the sweeter side, add more sugar. Don’t forget to serve these with lots of syrup, that also adds to the sweetness!
I hope you try these Cranberry Apple Crumble Topped Pancakes for a holiday breakfast this season! Are you gearing up for the holidays this week or are do you still feel like Halloween was yesterday? Either way, I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving! I am taking a few blogging days off and will see you next week!
- For the filling:
- 1 large apple, peeled and diced
- 12 oz. of fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. flour
- For the topping:
- 1 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 4 tbsp. butter, softened
- 2 heaping tbsp. flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- For the pancakes: (make two batches to serve 4-6 people)
- Aunt Jemima Complete Buttermilk Pancake Mix
- Syrup for serving
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, add cranberries, apples, flour, and sugar. Toss to combine.
- Spread mixture in a small-medium sized baking dish.
- Combine the ingredients for the topping and then stir with a fork until mixture is combined and crumbly. Spread over the fruit mixture.
- Bake uncovered for 45-55 minutes, or until fruit is tender. Remove from oven and store at room temperature covered for up to three days.
- When ready to serve, prepare pancakes according to box instructions. Take an ice cream scoop size of the crumble and top each stack of pancakes.
- This crumble will make a fair sized amount. Serve any leftover warm with whipped cream or ice cream later!