Crispy Brussel Sprouts with Lemon Aioli are crispy, crunchy, and so perfect paired with the tangy lemon dip, making this a delicious side dish or appetizer!
don’t know about you, but I love vegetables. Brussel sprouts, asparagus, zucchini, broccoli, you know name, I love it. I really can’t think of a vegetable that I don’t like…maybe beets? I know this isn’t the case for everyone, but I truly think veggies are only as good as the preparation method. Steamed vegetables really leave something to be desired, but roasted veggies, they are almost always delicious. I am always trying to come up with new vegetable side dish recipes that will pair well with dinner and these Crispy Brussel Sprouts with Lemon Aioli definitely go so well with so many different meals.
These roasted brussel sprouts are seriously easy. All the ingredients get tossed in a mixing bowl and get stirred until well coated. I use this preparation method often, but decided to mix it up this time and add a dipping sauce. We are the tail-end of citrus season, but lemons are still looking so good at our grocery stores. I picked up a big bag of them this week and we had chicken piccata and I wanted to use the rest in this side dish.
To be honest, I am the only lemon lover in the house, so the dipping sauce was pretty much for my benefit only. I love the tangy combination of mayo, sour cream, and lemon.
Spring is quickly approaching and with that comes Easter, Mother’s Day, and so many excuses to host a brunch! These Crispy Brussel Sprouts would be the perfect veggie side for any of those occasions!
- 1 lb brussel sprouts, sliced in half
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- For the aioli:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. dill
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and spray a baking pan with non stick spray.
- Add brussels to a large mixing bowl and sprinkle with olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Toss to combine.
- Add panko and regular bread crumbs to the bowl and toss till bread crumbs are sticking to the brussels.
- Pour brussels into an even layer on the baking pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes on the top shelf of the oven. Remove from oven and stir. Return to oven and cook for 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- While brussels are cooking, add all aioli ingredients to a small bowl. Whisk until all ingredients are incorporated. Refrigerate until serving.
- When brussels are done, serve immediately with dipping sauce.
Looking for more roasted vegetable recipes?
Pin this Recipe for Later!