Studded with white chocolate and cranberries, these pink velvet cookies are perfect for Valentine’s Day!
Today I am sharing these easy Cranberry and White Chocolate Pink Velvet Cookies as part of a fun Valentine’s Day Blog Hop!
Welcome to the 2016 Valentine’s Day Blog Hop! Danielle from over at Creatively Homespun brought together 19 other bloggers and together they created something amazing. This blog hop is a roundup of some fantastic and inspiring Valentine’s Day creations. Everyone created something special to share with you, so be sure to browse through all 20 links! You don’t want to miss a thing!
I am sharing these Cranberry and White Chocolate Pink Velvet Cookies! They are so easy to make with a cake mix as a base and just an easy mix in of the cranberries and white chocolate. I actually added macadamia nuts too, but to be honest, I don’t think they added much to the cookie, so I would leave them out next time and I didn’t include them in my recipe here. I use this same cake mix base for a lot of my cookies recipes and it never lets me down. I have said it many times, and while i know that from scratch cookies are often the best, nothing beats the texture of a cake mix cookie. The mix also makes it so easy to make these with kids.
promised my daughter pink cookies last week and I had planned to just add pink food coloring to a vanilla cake mix. When I saw the pink velvet cake mix in the store, I knew it would be perfect! The flavor is very subtle and lets the tangy cranberries really shine through.
- 1 pink velvet cake mix
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silpats.
- In a large mixing bowl, add cake mix, baking powder, eggs, and canola oil. Stir until all the mix is moistened.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and cranberries until evenly distributed.
- Scoop rounded tablespoons onto your baking sheet.
- Bake 9-11 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Let sit for five minutes on the baking sheet before moving to a cooling rack.
- Store for up to one week in an airtight container or freeze for one month.
Be sure to stop by all 20 links below! Show them some love this Sweetheart Season! Happy Valentine’s Day to you and yours! xo!