Have leftover corned beef from St. Patrick’s Day? Make these Easy Reuben Slider Sandwiches!
So I’m about a week late and missed the mark posting these for St. Patrick’s Day, but admittedly, I am not a St. Patty’s day celebrator and other than buying my daughter a green shirt for school, we don’t do anything to celebrate! I think the entire thing is kind of silly (sorry!) and rather focus my energy on preparing for other holidays.
My daughter asked me how we were going to catch the leprechaun at home and that her teacher said we needed to make a trap. Is that a thing now? Don’t we have enough holiday traditions? I can’t keep up! That being said, we absolutely love reubens and I will eat them anytime of the year, St. Patrick’s Day or not! Reubens are one of the Irish traditions I can get down with! These Easy Reuben Slider Sandwiches are the perfect sandwich for any occasion!
We have a local restaurant that serves reubens made from kobe beef and they are just soooo good. They are one of our favorite things to order there, but with a very squirmy baby, we don’t get out to eat very often! I had been craving the flavors of a reuben so decided to make these at home. I love the taste of rye bread, but decided to make these in slider form and used my favorite sweet Hawaiian rolls, so the taste isn’t exact, but still close enough for me!
These sliders are so easy because you layer everything up in a casserole dish and then they get baked until warm and melty and then sliced into individual sandwiches! Don’t skip the topping! It makes the buns so flavorful!
These Reuben Sliders are perfect for parties and they can be made in advance and baked right before hand! I love easy party foods and these definitely make the cut. I love serving dips and salads for parties, but it always good to have some sandwiches on hand as well for a more substantial option! I know I will be serving these easy reuben sliders again and again!
- 12 slider rolls, I prefer sweet Hawaiian
- 3/4 lb corned beef, pastrami, or turkey
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 cup sauerkraut, drained well
- 1/2 cup Thousand Island dressing
- For the topping:
- 3 tbsp. melted butter
- 2 tsp. dijon mustard
- 1 heaping tsp.. mayonnaise
- 1 heaping tsp. thousand island dressing
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Split rolls and lay all of the bottom pieces in a casserole dish. Layer each slider bottom with 1 1/2 slices of corned beef, folded into a square.
- Top corned beef layer with swiss cheese.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together 1/2 cup Thousand Island and the sauerkraut. Layer the mixture overtop of the cheese.
- In a small bowl, mix together topping ingredients. Spread a thin layer on the underside of the top of each bun. Spread the remaining topping onto the top of each roll. Lay roll tops onto the sauerkraut layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, or until tops are golden brown.
Looking for more flavorful party recipes?