Zucchini with Sun Dried Tomatoes, Bacon, and Crispy Onions is the ultimate summer time side dish! Your family will love this delicious and easy zucchini recipe!
Zucchini with Sun Dried Tomatoes, Bacon, and Crispy Onions is the perfect side dish to convert a veggie hater. Do you ever hear someone say that they don’t like vegetables? And when you ask them which ones they don’t like, they say all of them!? This statement seriously blows my mind. I just don’t understand how someone cannot like any veggies. I know that not every veggie is super tasty, but come on, you have to like at least one! I honestly think that if someone says they don’t like vegetables, then they just haven’t had them prepared to their liking yet.
Well if you have someone who doesn’t like zucchini in your life, then you need to make them this zucchini with sun dried tomatoes, bacon, and crispy onions. There are so many strong, delicious flavors and they just all work together so well! Zucchini is a great vegetable to use when trying to convert a non-veggie eater because the flavor is so mild and it can be cooked with just about anything. And seriously, what’s not to love about a veggie mixed with bacon and cheese!? Yes…there’s cheese too!
I first made this easy recipe for Easter, but without the bacon. It was great, but I knew it would be even better with the addition of bacon. We all agreed that this was amazing with the addition, but if you are looking for a completely vegetarian dish, it still tastes great without it!
Crispy fried onions are so popular on top of green beans at Thanksgiving time but I love them for so many other dishes as well! They are the perfect salty bite on top of this zucchini recipe but I have used them as a replacement for croutons in my favorite blackened Caesar salad recipe too! They are really versatile so don’t just tuck them away in the pantry for the holidays!
Summer is the perfect time to cook with zucchini and this recipe will definitely become a new favorite of yours!
- 3 medium sized zucchini, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces and then quartered
- 4 slices of bacon, sliced into pieces
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup crispy fried onions
- 1/2 cup freshly shaved parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat a saute pan to medium high heat. Add the bacon pieces and cook until crisp. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium and then add zucchini to the bacon drippings ( if you have more than a tbsp. or two, then drain first) and cook for 5-8 minutes, or until it begins to soften. Add the sun dried tomatoes and cook another 5 minutes or until zucchini is tender.
- Add half the parmesan and the bacon and then stir well. Add salt and pepper to taste. Make sure to add these seasonings after adding the bacon and cheese as they are both salty foods. Once seasoned, add the rest of the cheese to the top and the crispy onions.
- Serve immediately.
Looking for more zucchini recipes? Try some of my favorites!