Instant Pot Spicy Shredded Mexican Beef is a quick and full of flavor beef recipe, perfect for your Instant Pot or Electric Pressure cooker!
As the weather heats up, there is usually a shift in the recipes that I make for dinner. I usually forgo heavier casseroles and slow cooked meats for lighter dishes and things we can make on the grill. I received an Instant Pot for Christmas and I think that is is going to be a game changer since I can now slowly cook meats during the warmer months, without heating up my oven or having to have the slow cooker on all day!
This Instant Pot Spicy Shredded Mexican Beef is a pressure cooker adaption of one of my favorite slow cooker beef recipes. The meat is perfect for enchiladas, tacos, salads, or any type of Mexican food you like! The beef is so juicy and full of delicious Mexican flavors!
If you haven’t jumped on the Instant Pot train yet, I highly recommend it! I love all the different chicken dishes we have tried and am so excited to try making cheesecake, which I hear is amazing! There is a small learning curve and you need to play around with the cooking methods, but once you get the hang of it, you will never look back.
I have to laugh at the people who call it a miracle cooking tool and try to make just about everything in their pot, steak, hamburgers, pancakes, etc. Some things just are not suited for the Instant Pot, but then again, so many things are! I have to say that my favorite chili recipes turn out so much better in the Instant Pot, and I love the convenience of cooking meats that normally take all day in the slow cooker. I am notorious for forgetting to prepare everything early in the day for a slow cooker meal, so the Instant Pot is so easy when I have forgotten about dinner until 3 pm! You can even throw in frozen meat! Perfect for when you forget to defrost the night before!
Looking for a delicious meat filling for your favorite Mexican meal? Then you have to try this Instant Pot Spicy Shredded Mexican Beef recipe!
- 2 lbs. tender chuck roast, cut in half
- 8 oz. tomato sauce, preferably a Mexican brand
- 3 tbsp. chipotle sauce
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 handful of fresh cilantro, divided
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. canola oil
- Turn your Instant Pot to saute. While it heats, season the two pieces of meat with the chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- When the pot turns to hot, add the oil. Add the beef pieces and saute for 4-5 minutes per side, or until both sides are brown.
- Switch the pot to manual and increase the time to 70 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients, reserving half of the cilantro. Put on the lid and turn the vent to seal.
- Let cook for the 70 minutes and then do a natural pressure release.
- Once pressure released naturally, open the lid and shred the beef. Let it soak in the sauce for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve as desired and garnish with remaining cilantro.
I am on a Mexican recipe kick here recently. I think the last four recipes I have posted have been Mexican inspired, but it is really our favorite type of food! There is just so much you can do besides the ho-hum plain beef taco! Here are some of our favorites!
Pin this one for later!
Affiliate Links Used in this Post