If you love to make soup in the Instant Pot, then you will love this round up of the Best Instant Pot Soup Recipes! Soup is done and full of flavor in a fraction of the time!
The Best Instant Pot Soup Recipes
The Instant Pot is so good for making soup taste like it has been slow-cooked all day and I have slowly been converting all my favorite stovetop soup recipes into Instant Pot recipes. I love that I can have soup made from start to finish in half an hour and that the pressure cooking adds all that slow simmered flavor! I actually think I like soup in the Instant Pot better than the stovetop now! Chili is definitely way better in the Instant Pot and is made in a fraction of the time and while some would not consider chili a soup, I definitely do!
How to make Instant Pot Soup?
Making soup in the Instant Pot is super easy, and for the most part, you can easily convert your favorite soup recipes to work in the Instant Pot!
Here are my tips for success when making soup in the Instant Pot.
- If using pasta or noodles, add at the very end after you pressure cook or you will have noodle mush!
- If the pressure cook time is short (less than 6 minutes) you should be okay adding at the beginning.
- Slowly release the pressure on your release valve. With the high liquid content, sometimes foam or liquid squirts from the top.
- If the soup requires dairy, add after pressure cooking so you don’t curdle your soup. Sour cream and cream are both best added after cooking.
- If your soup comes out too thin, switch to saute after you release the pressure. Let simmer on saute until it thicks and whisk in any flour or corn starch if needed.
- When making chili in the Instant Pot, make sure to scrape any bits of browned meat off the bottom or you may get a burn notice.
- If the recipe calls for shredded chicken, use this Instant Pot shredded chicken recipe for perfect shredded chicken every time!
How to use the Instant Pot Soup Setting?
I highly recommend setting the timer for whatever the recipe calls for instead of using the soup function button on the Instant Pot! It is more precise and lessens the chance of your soup being cooked to mush! Here are our tried and true favorite Instant Pot Soup Recipes!
Instant Pot Loaded Baked Potato Soup
Instant Pot Italian Wedding Soup
Instant Pot Classic Ground Beef Chili
Instant Pot Pesto Tomato Tortellini Soup
Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie Soup
I will be adding more Instant Pot Soup recipes as we try them, but wanted to keep this list to tried and true! I hope you find a favorite!