These amazingly delicious Caprese Tuna Flatbreads are sponsored by Bumble Bee Seafoods. Marinated tuna, tomatoes, red onion, and fresh mozzarella cheese are baked onto naan bread. A delicious and healthy lunch!
Don’t you hate when you find a favorite meal at a restaurant, you order it all the time and completely fall in love with it, and then one day, POOF, it’s gone?! Seriously, nothing is sadder than when you go to a restaurant and get ready to order your go to and it is gone. You then have to scramble to find something new on the menu and of course, nothing will meet your now high expectations! My husband makes fun of me because I order the same items at specific restaurants. While I love trying new things, I am always afraid that my favorites will leave the menu so I better eat then while I can!
Well you can see where this story is going. One of our local Italian restaurants served the absolute most delicious tuna sandwich. Honestly, before that I wasn’t the biggest tuna fan. I am not a mayo-lover, so the big gobby tuna salad recipes never appealed to me. Well this sandwich at this restaurant was an open faced sandwich with layers of tuna, slices of tomato, mozzarella cheese, and fresh basil. There was no mayo in sight and it was a seriously delicious sandwich. My mom and I ordered it all the time, until one day it was gone.
This Caprese Tuna Flatbread is my version of an old favorite. I replaced the bread with a delicious naan flatbread. The tomatoes and tuna gets quickly marinated in balsamic vinaigrette and then everyone gets baked together with pearls of fresh mozzarella cheese and garnished with fresh basil. This flatbread sandwich is truly ahhhmazzzing.
I used Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore tuna on this sandwich. Seriously, all tuna is not created equally, guys. This white albacore is mild and fresh, light in color, and I love how it comes in big chunks. No mushy tuna for me!
The texture of this is meaty and perfect. While just a caprese flatbread would be delicious, when you add the white albacore tuna, you are making this a protein packed meal. And I love that this tuna is wild-caught and is non-GMO project certified.
These Caprese Tuna Flatbreads are a delicious way to get a healthy and protein filled dinner on the table quickly. Perfect for lunch or a light dinner, you will love how flavor packed these flatbreads are.
- 6 oz. solid white albacore tuna, drained well
- 1 naan flatbread
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced fine
- 15 mozzarella pearls, or 1/2 cup fresh mozzarella cheese
- 3 tbsp. balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 large basil leaves, sliced into strips
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix together tuna, tomatoes, onion, balsamic vinaigrette, and olive oil. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Spread tuna mixture evenly across the flatbread. You want to leave the dressing mixture in the bowl so it does not make the bread soggy. Cover mixture with mozzarella and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bread becomes golden brown around the edges.
- Remove from oven and garnish with basil. Serve immediately.
Learn more about why “Only Bumble Bee Albacore Will Do™” HERE!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Bumble Bee Seafoods.