Blackened Chicken Caesar Salad with Crispy Onions is a delicious and modern take on the classic Chicken Caesar Salad recipe!
Admittedly, I am not a salad girl, although I really wish I was. I would love to be the girl who orders a salad at lunch time and happily munches through the greens and veggies, but I am not. I am more of the order a burger type of gal. Well this Blackened Chicken Caesar Salad with Crispy Onions may just change my mind, and help me to eat more salads at home!
This is not your plain ol’ regular Caesar salad. The chicken gets kicked up a notch with delicious blackening seasoning and the croutons are replaced with crispy onions! You know you have a bag of those sitting in your pantry waiting for green bean casserole season to come upon us again, so now you have another reason to use them! Actually, homemade fried onions are even better in this salad, but sometimes you don’t have time to make those and the store bought onions make a great substitute!
If I am going to eat a salad, it must have cheese! I love Caesar salads because of the super salty and nutty Parmesan, and this version certainly doesn’t disappoint. My secret for getting the beautiful strips of cheese is to use a vegetable peeler and run it along the edge of your cheese wedge! It makes for the perfect thin slices of Parmesan in your salad.
I love this salad for summertime because it is so easy to throw together and you don’t have to heat up your kitchen. Ryan cooked the chicken on the grill while I assembled the ingredients and it took less than 15 minutes till we had dinner on the table. Blackened Chicken Caesar Salad with Crispy Onions is definitely the perfect summertime salad and I hope it graces your table sometime soon!
- 2 heads romaine lettuce chopped
- 2 breasts chicken
- 1/2 cup fresh Parmesan shaved
- 1/2 cup crispy fried onions
- Caesar dressing desired amount
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp blackening spice
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved (optional)
- Preheat grill or grill pan to medium high heat.
- Sprinkle chicken with blackening seasoning and place on grill when hot. Cook 6-7 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
- While chicken is cooking, add lettuce, parmesan, and tomatoes to a large salad bowl.
- When chicken is cooked, let rest for at least 5 minutes. Slice and then lay over the lettuce. Sprinkle with fried onions and then drizzle with dressing. Season with pepper.
Try my other favorite Caesar salad! Grilled Romaine Caesar Salad with Asiago Cheese Toast Points
Pin this image to save the recipe for later!