Get the delicious recipe for my favorite BLT Pinwheels and see how we do family movie night in our home!
This post is written in collaboration with JOLLY TIME popcorn. As always, all opinions are my own.
The school year is winding down and I honestly am so relieved. This has been a really tough school year, first with some medical problems I was having, and then with a demanding pregnancy. This large belly is ready to spend some lazy days and nights lounging around the house with nothing to do, except wait for our new arrival, of course! This is my daughter’s first year of preschool too, so she is experiencing the end of school year wind down for the first time. She is ready for late nights with family time and sleeping in!
We put our daughter to bed pretty early Not only does she loves to sleep but her behavior is 1,000 times better the next day if she goes to bed early. She has a regular bedtime of around 7:30, but once summer comes, we let her stay up a little later. While I love that we have so much time after she goes to bed, I think she gets short changed on night activities sometimes, like movie nights! If there is anything that girl loves it is definitely movie nights with popcorn! Seriously, she can eat more popcorn than most grown men can. When we pop popcorn, we have to make two bags, one entirely for her, and another if my husband and I want any!
We have been popping JOLLY TIME popcorn a lot lately! It is hard to find a great microwaveable popcorn. Some are super buttery, some are flavorless, but we love all the varieties of JOLLY TIME. My daughter’s favorite is the buttered and I am a big fan of the kettle mania with its sweet and salty flavor! JOLLY TIME is a family owned company that has been around for 101 years! 100 years ago I imagine they were popping their popcorn over an open flame instead of the microwave, but I am sure it was equally delicious 🙂
You can’t have a family movie night without snacks, and in addition to our popcorn, I like to make a few snacks to put out too! I have been craving bacon like crazy lately, which is very weird because I don’t really like bacon when I’m not pregnant. I used to make these BLT Pinwheels all the time years ago for parties and I haven’t made them in ages! They are definitely the perfect finger food to feed my bacon cravings! They can be made ahead and pulled out right before serving, which makes them the perfect family night movie food! I don’t know why it has been so long since I last made these, but I am glad I finally remembered them!
We recently had a family popcorn and snack night with my parents and then watched one of my daughter’s favorite movies. I served the BLT Pinwheels and lots of different JOLLY TIME Popcorns.
We enjoyed some pepperoni rolls, pizza, and BLT Pinwheels in the kitchen…
And then hit the dining room for some popcorn as dessert!
I served our pinwheels with some avocado ranch and is the perfect dipping sauce for this!
Whether you are entertaining, having a family movie night, or just in the mood for some snacks, these BLT Pinwheels and JOLLY TIME popcorn make a great combination!
- 3 large burrito sized flour tortillas, plain or any flavor you like
- 4 oz. cream cheese, very soft
- 4 tbsp. ranch dressing
- 4 large roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- about 1 cup shredded or torn lettuce
- 1/2 lb. bacon, cooked until crisp and then broken into pieces
- Lay your tortilla flat on a table on top of a large piece of plastic wrap.
- Pat your bacon to remove any grease and also make sure to remove any seeds or excess liquid from the tomatoes.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cream cheese and ranch dressing until smooth.
- Spread an even layer of the cream cheese mixture on your tortilla, keeping about a 1/2 in border.
- Sprinkle 1/3 of the tomatoes, bacon, and lettuce onto the tortilla.
- Starting on one end, roll tightly, using the plastic wrap to help you roll. Roll until the end and wrap tightly with the plastic wrap.
- Repeat with the other 2 tortillas.
- Refrigerate for at least four hours. When ready to serve, remove from fridge, unwrap and then cut with a sharp knife into 1/2 inch pinwheels.
- Serve with additional ranch dressing, and enjoy!
Want to save for later? Pin This Image!
JOLLY TIME is hosting a giveaway on their Facebook page from now until 5/20. If you think you are the Jolliest family and could win then check out their page for more details on how to win a prize pack!