This Easy Summer Spaghetti Salad is a delicious twist on the classic pasta salad recipe. Deliciously seasoned summertime vegetables and spaghetti noodles get tossed in a zesty Italian dressing, making the perfect pasta salad!
Easy Summer Spaghetti Salad is a take on one of my favorite childhood recipes. My friend’s mom made this zesty pasta salad recipe every time we went had a family potluck. Her version was much simpler. Tomatoes, olives, cucumbers and linguini noodles tossed in dressing. It was so simple and so good and I have been wanting to recreate it for ages. I debated posting this because how many pasta salad recipes can I possibly post on this blog? Never too many, right?!
I took this easy spaghettis salad recipe to the 4th of July and it was a hit. My 8 year old niece asked to keep a bowl of it for later and you always know you have a hit when even the kids like it! I don’t know what makes this recipe so special, but it really is delicious. I don’t normally put onions or cucumbers in my pasta salad recipes but I think that the crunch they add is what makes this recipe stand out. They add a new texture element to the recipe and that seems to make all the difference.
I have a few classic pasta salad recipes and they all have lots of cheese and meat in it and this one is completely cheese and meatless, making it perfect if you have vegetarians coming for dinner or anyone with a dairy allergy. While it lacks meat and cheese, it definitely doesn’t lack flavor! The secret is the packet of zesty Italian dressing. I wouldn’t substitute any other Italian dressing for this recipe! You can use spaghetti or linguini in this recipe and I love both. Pick whatever you like best or already have on hand!
This Easy Summer Spaghetti Salad is perfect for any picnic, bbq, or potluck dinner! Everyone always loves this simple but flavorful recipe!
- 1 lb spaghetti noodles, cooked 1 minute less than what the box calls for
- 2 medium sized cucumbers, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 12 oz. can of black olives, halved
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced fine
- 1 packet Good Seasons Zesty Italian Dressing Packet
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Add cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, and onions to a bowl. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Once spaghetti is cooked, drain well and let cool for 5 minutes. While it cools, prepare your dressing.
- In a small bowl, mix together vinegar, dressing packet, and oil. Whisk well to combine.
- Toss cooled spaghetti with the vegetables and add the dressing. Toss well to coat.
- Refrigerate for at least four hours. Serve cold.
Looking for more pasta salad recipes?
Pin this one for later!