A few weeks ago we hosted a fun basketball party. We had tons of great food, including my favorite Mini Macaroni and Cheese Bites, and for dessert, I wanted to make a sweet dip that people could pick on as they finished their meal.
I had some Mini PB Cups on hand, so I knew they would be the perfect base for a delicious chocolate and peanut butter dip. It is no secret that I love the PB&Chocolate combination. I have posted so many recipes with that combo and I don’t see me stopping anytime soon! It is truly my favorite, and I would eat it all.the.time. if my waistline allowed!
I served Wheat Thins, pretzels, and graham sticks with this dip and I actually think that the pretzels and Wheat Thins went better with it because the salty went so well with the sweet. You could try any dipper that you like though!
You need to try this Peanut Butter Cup Dip soon! If you are having a get together, this would be a great dip to put on for people to munch on. Or after Easter, when you have leftover PB cups…this would be perfect to throw together for a special dessert for your family to snack on!
- 6 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temp.
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 cups chopped mini REESE'S cups
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together butter and brown sugar until smooth.
- Add in the cream cheese and cream together again, about 2 minutes. Your cream cheese must be soft in order to mix in well.
- Add the peanut butter, vanilla, powdered sugar, salt and vanilla and then mix again until everything is well incorporated.
- Taste and if you would like it sweeter, add more powdered sugar.
- Fold in your chopped PB cups.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, but best if overnight.
- Before serving, remove from fridge and let soften for about 15 minutes.