This Hoagie Slider Dip is the absolute perfect snack or party food! All the flavors of your favorite sandwich in dip form!
This Hoagie Slider Dip is casual, fun, and delicious. I guarantee you will have people ask for the recipe because it is so unique. It is so different than the usual cheese based dip and is so hearty and satisfying. Are hoagies or sub sandwiches popular in your area? Subs are a really popular party food in my town and we have some great sub shops. While I love ordering subs for parties, they are best served right away so that the bread doesn’t get soggy. That doesn’t always work well for parties so I find this dip is a great substitute.
This Hoagie Slider Dip has all my favorite sub or hoagie ingredients and you can definitely substitute in the ingredients that you like best. I used four different meats in this version and lots of hot and sweet peppers. If you want different meat, substitute whatever you like!
Don’t worry about the lettuce and tomato getting soggy from the mayo. You can make this the day before and it is just as good the next day. The lettuce and tomato blend right into the mixture. I recently made this for my husband’s work potluck because it is one of his favorites and it is always a big hit with a crowd.
While you can use whichever meats or cheeses you like, I have to recommend that you don’t skip the hot and sweet peppers. They are truly what makes this dip so zesty and tasty and are my favorite part. I used a jar of sweet and sassy peppers, but I am not sure if that is a local thing. Look for any jarred sweet and hot peppers to use in the dip. My other tip is to get your meat directly from the deli. It just tastes fresher than the kind you will find in the pre-packaged containers.
- 1/2 lb deli sliced turkey
- 1/2 lb deli sliced ham
- 1/2 lb deli sliced genoa salami
- 1/2 lb deli sliced provolone
- 1/2 a head of lettuce, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 onion, diced small
- 8 oz. of sweet and hot peppers (pickled)
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. basil
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- bag of hoagie buns, cut into slider sized pieces
- Dice your meats and cheese into small bite size pieces and add to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except for the buns) and mix well until everything is evenly distributed.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Serve cold with hoagie slider pieces on the side.
- Recipe adapted from: Mary Ellen's Hoagie Dip