Warmer weather is here and it’s time for lots of grilled dinners! These Grilled Chicken Kabobs are bursting with flavor with a garlic teriyaki marinade, lots of tender vegetables, and a burst of sweetness with pineapple! Teriyaki Chicken Kabobs will become a family favorite dinner recipe!
Food on a stick is just more fun right? These Grilled Chicken Kabobs are so easy and so good! The garlic teriyaki marinade makes the chicken moist and tender and the burst of pineapple adds so much sweetness! Everyone is going to love this easy chicken dinner recipe.
Do you like to grill? I love grilling in the summertime and it makes dinner time clean up so much easier. I love throwing the entire dinner on the grill and will truly grill anything! Pizza, potatoes, vegetables, honestly everything works on the grill, except for pasta, of course!
How long to grill chicken kabobs?
These will take about 20-25 minutes. Use a meat thermometer to make sure that your chicken is cooked to 165 degrees. Let rest for at least 5 minutes after cooking to let the juices redistribute. Don’t turn your grill up any higher than 350 as you don’t want the brown sugar in the marinade to burn.
Chicken Kabob Marinade
This store bought teriyaki garlic marinade is delicious. I use the Kikkoman brand and find it at any grocery store. If you have plain teriyaki sauce, just add 3 cloves of minced garlic to the sauce and let marinade. Marinade for at least 1 hour, but you can even let it sit over night!
Want more grilled dinner recipes? Your kids will love this Grilled Cheeseburger Pizza! Want burgers? My stuffed Bacon and Cheddar Burgers are SO good! You can even grill appetizers! Grilled Strawberry Jalapeno and Cream Cheese Crostini Is an easy appetizer recipe made right on the grill!
Grilled Chicken Kabobs with Vegetables
I used portabella mushrooms, peppers, onions, and pineapple on my skewers, but you could definitely substitute to your taste. If you have non- meat eaters coming, you could make these vegetarian kabobs by increasing the amount of portabella mushrooms and leaving out the chicken!
What are you looking forward to cooking on the grill the most this summer? I will be making these grilled chicken kabobs again and again!
Grilled Chicken Kabobs
These delicious grilled chicken kabobs are marinated in a garlic teriyaki sauce and then grilled with vegetables until tender.
- 3 pounds skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 12-ounce bottle of garlic teriyaki sauce
- 1 red onion cut into wedges
- 12 ounces of baby portabella mushrooms left whole if small enough – sliced in half if large
- 2 bell peppers cut into large slices
- 1 pineapple cut into cubes
Pour ¾ of the garlic teriyaki into a sealable container. Add the cubed chicken and allow to marinate at least 1 hour in the fridge (sometimes we’ll start this in the morning and let it marinate all day), making sure to coat all of the chicken.
Preheat the grill to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Remove the chicken from the teriyaki sauce and discard
Assemble the chicken, onion, mushrooms, bell peppers, and pineapple on the skewers.
Cook on the grill for 20-30 minutes, or until the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165-170 degrees. When there is 5 minutes left, glaze with the remaining teriyaki sauce.
Remove from the grill let rest for 5 minutes, then serve.
You can also smoke these!
- Preheat the smoker to 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the chicken from the teriyaki sauce and discard
- Assemble the chicken, onion, mushrooms, bell peppers, and pineapple on the skewers.
- Smoke the chicken kabobs for about 60 minutes, turning them over halfway through.
- After an hour, use the remaining garlic teriyaki to glaze the chicken
- Cook for an additional 20-30 minutes, or until the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165-170 degrees.
- Remove from the smoker and serve immediately.