Grilled BBQ Chicken Flatbreads are a delicious mix of grilled bbq chicken, two types of cheeses, ranch dressing and arugula! Your family will love this amazing grilled chicken dinner!
These Grilled BBQ Chicken Flatbreads are the epitome of winner winner chicken dinner! I think summer is finally here in PA! We have had some pretty hot temps the last few days so that means my kitchen is basically closed 🙂 No central air in our house, so I do anything I can do to avoid standing in front of our stove! The majority of our summer dinners will definitely come from either the Instant Pot or our grill! BBQ chicken is one of my go to recipes for the grill but these Grilled BBQ Chicken Flatbreads dress up the boring grilled chicken!
I love creating dinner recipes that can be cooked entirely on the grill. No running back and forth from the grill to the kitchen for this girl. I rather throw all the ingredients on the grill and see what happens. Don’t be afraid to use your grill for ingredients other than just meats! I love to grill pizza, potatoes, and even salad! If you haven’t tried grilling romaine yet, you need to!!
This easy dinner recipe has some of my favorite things! Arugula, gouda, bbq sauce, and ranch dressing! So many good things all in one place! I used naan flatbreads for this recipe and you can find them at any grocery store. If you can’t find them, use any flatbread you like or you could even substitute pizza crust. The texture of naan is just so chewy and fluffy and good and are the perfect base for these flatbreads. I remember a few years back when everyone was eating and making bbq chicken pizza. I love it, but this flatbread recipe is definitely a more flavorful update on the classic recipe.
Grilled BBQ Chicken Flatbreads are the perfect easy dinner recipe for your family! The flavors combine so nicely for a flavor packed meal! Please promise me you won’t skip the arugula! It may seem like just a garnish but arugula is seriously the most delicious green and adds so much flavor and texture to the flatbread!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 naan flatbreads
- 1/2 cup gouda cheese
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese
- 4 tbsp. bbq sauce
- 2 tbsp. ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup arugula
- 1 red onion sliced thin
- 1 tbsp. butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup red shredded cabbage
- Preheat grill to medium high heat. Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper and grill 4-5 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Remove from grill and set aside. Slice into strips after it rests for a few minutes.
- While chicken cooks, melt the butter in a sauce pan and add the onions. Cook until caramelized, about 10-15 minutes. Stir frequently.
- Once onions and chicken are done, assemble the flatbreads. Spread the bbq sauce first, top with chicken slices, and then the cheese.
- Put on the grill and grill until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
- Once grilled, remove from the grill and top with the arugula and red cabbage. Drizzle with ranch dressing. Cut into strips and serve immediately.