Hi everyone! It’s Cat again, from The Rustic Willow. I’m here this month to share another delicious recipe with you. I hope you love these Caramel and Pecan Chocolate Muffins!
You know what I love about muffins? They’re cupcakes that are acceptable to eat for breakfast. If I unwrap a cupcake and eat it early in the morning, people look at me funny. But, if I eat a muffin, no one bats an eye. That’s exactly why muffins have become one of my favorite food groups (they can have an entire food group to themselves, right?). I’ve been making a lot of muffins lately (purely for experimental purposes…), and these Caramel and Pecan Chocolate Muffins have moved to the front as my new favorite muffins!
I always feel guilty eating a crazy amount of desserts in the summer, but now that sweater weather is here, I’m munching on as many desserts as I can! I can hide those few extra pounds under a cozy hoodie, don’t you think?
The best part about these beauties is that from start-to-finish they only took me 30 minutes to make. That’s mind-boggling for a baking recipe! I had these muffins cooling on the counter by minute 28… impressive, right? That means that you can make them as a last minute dessert, or as a delicious breakfast right when you wake up, and you won’t have to wait too long to dig in!
I also had everything I needed for these right in my pantry and fridge, which is always wonderful.
Now let’s get to the good stuff: how to make these yummy Caramel and Pecan Chocolate muffins!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder (I Used Hershey's)
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Extra chopped pecans for topping
- Caramel for drizzle
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. .
- Line 12 cupcake tins with cupcake wrappers.
- Combine flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and pecans in a bowl. Whisk until mixed.
- Add milk, vegetable oil and egg to a standing mixer. Mix until combined.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to mixer, while mixing on low setting. Mix until just combined.
- Fill muffins tins 3/4 full.
- Bake 18-20 minutes (18 was plenty for me!).
- Let cool on the counter.
- Drizzle caramel and top with chopped pecans (optional).
- Dig in!