This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SoHoppinGood #TopYourSummer #CollectiveBias
Layers of fresh fruit, pound cake, ice cream, and toppings. What could be more delicious than this easy, no bake Banana Split Ice Cream Cake?
Being a teacher is so fun because we get to relive all the best parts of school again. Dances, athletic events, and most importantly, summer vacation! The teachers look forward to this break just as much, if not more than the students do! This is my four year olds first year in school, so she was super excited to be done with school too. She only went two days a week, so she is in for a rude awakening next year when she goes four days a week!
With school being out, I am so looking forward to a summer full of relaxation and quiet days as we wait for our new baby to arrive in August. I don’t expect this summer to be as active as those in the past, but I am fine with that this year. This big pregnant body can’t take the heat this year 🙂 We aren’t traveling like we normally do but I am ready for quieter nights at home and finding fun in other ways. But I know what this summer vacation won’t be missing out on…ice cream. Lots and lots of ice cream.
I picked up a few of Blue Bunny’s® fun flavors in their new clear packaging (which I love by the way, makes it much easier for little ones who can’t read to pick their favorite flavor!) at Walmart this week. I plan to eat the Blue Bunny® Peanut Butter Party straight out of the container with a spoon, but decided to make an easy no bake banana split ice cream cake with the Homemade Vanilla flavor.
This cake starts with the base of a frozen pound cake, and is then layered with the vanilla ice cream, bananas and strawberries, and then topped with whipped topping, Smucker’s Chocolate Spoonable Ice Cream Topping and Pineapple Topping, and then garnished with nuts! Just like a banana split but in cake form!
This cake follows all of my favorite summer dessert requirements. No bake, check. Easy, check. Involves ice cream, check! Summertime dessert perfection to me! With the entire thing being frozen, it is also super cold and refreshing for those hot days. I hope you try this easy No Bake Banana Split Ice Cream Cake soon to help your family celebrate and bring in summer!
- 1 frozen pound cake
- 1 half gallon Blue Bunny® Homemade Vanilla
- 4 bananas, sliced
- 1/2 lb strawberries, sliced
- 1 container frozen whipped topping
- Smucker's Chocolate Spoonable Ice Cream Topping
- Optional: Smucker's Pineapple Topping, Chopped Nuts, Maraschino Cherries
- Set your ice cream and pound cake out for about 10 minutes.
- Slice pound cake into 1/4 inch thick slices and then layer across the bottom of a pan. I used a 8 by 11 pan and was able to get three pieces width wise.
- Spread about a 1 inch thick slab of vanilla ice cream across the pound cake layer.
- Spread another layer of pound cake on top of the ice cream, and then repeat with another layer of ice cream. Cover cake well and freeze for 2-4 hours.
- Sprinkle 1/2 of your strawberry and banana mixture over the ice cream.
- When it is time to serve, remove cake from freezer.
- Cover the ice cream layer with fruit and then a layer of frozen topping.
- Cut into squares and then top each piece with the desired toppings, chocolate sauce, pineapple sauce, cherries, and/or nuts.
Want to save this recipe for later? Pin It!
Walmart has a ton of Blue Bunny flavors!
Check out more info on these delicious ice cream products here!