BLT Waffle Fries are a delicious Disney World Copy Cat! You will love this quick and easy recipe with crunchy waffle fries, loaded with bacon, lettuce, tomato, and ranch dressing!
Two years ago we went to Disney World and took our three year old for the first time. For most people, they spend time looking at the weather, deciding what to pack, and making lists before their trip. For me, I focus on one important (the most important!) thing…the food! I am a food blogger, so of course food is a crucial part of any trip for me!
Before we traveled to Disney World, I had meticulous lists of what to eat in each part. I knew what was the best bang for your buck on the meal plan, and of course, I knew where the most delicious food could be found. The BLT Waffle Fries from Frontierland in Magic Kingdom were high on my list to try. Our first day in Magic Kingdom, I waited till lunch time and then went to get my fries, and they were closed!!! I was so upset, but knew we would be in Magic Kingdom again on our last day and could try again. Wouldn’t you know, they were closed again on our second day in Magic Kingdom! No delicious loaded BLT Waffle Fries for me!
When Sydney asked if I wanted to join her and a bunch of other great bloggers to share a Disney Copy Cat recipe, I knew immediately that I would make these fries. If I can’t go to Disney World and get them, then I will just have to make them myself!
And YOU GUYS, these fries were worth the wait! They were truly amazing. I polished off nearly the entire bowl while standing at the kitchen counter. I made them before my daughter’s soccer practice, and they were the perfect too early for dinner but I will die of starvation if I don’t eat before practice snack!
VIDEO RECIPE HERE!
- 1 lb pound waffle fries
- 10 pieces of thick cut bacon, diced into pieces
- 1 cup romaine lettuce, sliced thin
- 3 green onions, chopped small
- 2 roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- garlic powder
- For the dressing:
- 2 tsp. mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp. ranch dressing
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- Cook waffle fries according to instructions.
- While cooking, mix together the three dressing ingredients and stir well to combine. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, add the tomatoes. Season with a pinch of salt, pepper, and garlic powder and set aside.
- Cook bacon in pan and then drain the grease.
- Once fries are done, season well with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Layer potatoes with lettuce, then bacon, then tomatoes, then green onions. Drizzle ranch dressing across the top and serve immediately.
Now that you’ve seen how I make my favorite Disneyland treat at home check out how a few of my blog buddies make their favorites too!
Hand Dipped Corndogs from Dessert Now, Dinner Later
Clam Chowder Bread Bowl from Kleinworth & Co.
Mickey Mouse Ice Cream Treats from Tastefully Frugal
Monte Cristo Sandwich from See Lindsay
Churro Funnel Cake from Artsy Fartsy Mama
Pumpkin Mickey Mouse Beignets from Clarks Condensed
BLT Waffle Fries from Old House To New Home
Chocolate Peanut Butter Sandwiches from Love To Be In The Kitchen
Carrot Cake Cookies from Cupcake Diaries
Caramel S’mores from My Latina Table
Mickey Marshmallow Wand from Liz On Call
Dole Whip Popsicles from Bite Of Delight
Dole Whips from Girl Loves Glam
Mint Julep Slush from As The Bunny Hops
Frozen Chocolate Covered Bananas from Pretty Providence
Mickey Mouse Cake Pops from Play Party Plan
Mac’n’Cheese Pizza from Over The Big Moon
Mickey Mouse Beignets from Housewife Eclectic
AND enter to win a chance to try all these tasty treats in person at Disneyland yourself! One lucky winner will receive:
- 4 Day/3 Night Hotel Stay in Anaheim or San Diego (winner’s choice)
- 2 Adult and 2 Kids Tickets to TWO Southern California Parks (winner’s choice)
Giveaway is sponsored by Get Away Today. Open to US Residents only. Giveaway will run from Friday, April 7th to Friday, April 14th. Winner will be notified by email and has 48 hours to respond.