Easy Strawberry Breakfast Pastries are a delicious strawberry and cream cheese pastry that is perfect for back to school breakfasts or for a sweet treat at anytime!
These Easy Strawberry Breakfast Pastries look fancy, but are seriously easy! I brought these to a Mother’s Day Brunch and I had two people ask if they were store bought! Nope, they are a simple and easy pastry that comes straight out of your kitchen! I am not a baker, so when I say these are easy, I really mean it! They take about an hour, from start to finish, but the steps are really easy. The store bought puff pastry is the absolute perfect pastry base and is one of my favorite ingredients to help dress up a recipe!
Late summer is such a great time for fruit based recipes. I know we are about to turn the corner to pumpkin and apple everything but before we take that turn, we still have a couple weeks to soak up all the fresh fruit and summertime produce that we can! Zucchinis are busting from the gardens and the fruit never tastes better than it does in late summer. While I used strawberries in these pastries, you could definitely sub for any berry you like! Blueberries and raspberries would be amazing or you could even use peaches!
I don’t eat a ton of sweets for breakfast, other than the occasional donut at work, but I absolutely love cheese danishes. They are the perfect amount of sweet that goes so nicely with a cup of coffee, but not too sweet that I get the shakes from eating sugar too early in the morning! These pastries definitely remind me of cheese danishes because they are just slightly on the sweet side, but have a delicious tang from the cream cheese filling!
Easy Strawberry Breakfast Pastries are the perfect way to start your morning! Perfect for breakfast, brunch, or snack, your family will love this easy sweet treat!
- 4 sheets puff pastry thawed
- 1 lb strawberries cut into small pieces
- 16 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 heaping tbsp. lemon Greek yogurt
- powdered sugar to sprinkle
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. water
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line two baking sheets with silpats or parchment paper.
- Sprinkle strawberries with 1 tbsp. sugar and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add your cream cheese and beat on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add the powdered sugar, 1/4 cup at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add the lemon yogurt and the vanilla. Beat again for 2 minutes, or until light and fluffy. Set mixture aside.
- Lay out your sheets of thawed puff pastry on a lightly floured surface. Cut out circles using a 4 inch pastry cutter then lightly press an indentation inside the circle using a 3 3/4 inch cutter. Using a fork, poke holes into the center circle.I used a large cup for the big circle and a wine glass for the second.
- Fill the inner circle with the cream cheese mixture then top each one with strawberries.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and the water. Brush the mixture onto the outer circle of each pastry.
- Place filled pastries into the oven and bake for 15-18 minutes or until raised and golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes, then move to a cooling rack. Once completely cool, sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired. Serve immediately or store in an air tight container for no more than 2 days.
Looking for more easy strawberry recipes?
Pin this one for later!