I seriously think BBQ Chicken is underrated. Over the last couple of years, everything is Buffalo Chicken. It seems you can get it in any form, pizza, dip, nachos, on top of baked potatoes, chili, and so on. Now don’t get me wrong, I certainly love buffalo chicken and will gladly eat it in all those forms, but sometimes it’s nice to have a change of pace.
The first time I made these nachos was for a get together with friends many years ago. One friend in particular really loved these and asks for them often. When we had friends over this past Saturday, and I found out he was coming, I knew these had to be on the menu. Not only are they delicious but they are incredibly easy and require very few ingredients and not much preparation time.
I always use a rotisserie chicken for these to save time, but you could always poach and then shred two chicken breasts instead. Since I usually only make these for parties, I like the premade chicken route to save time. I kept the fixins’ pretty simple on these and served sour cream and jalapeños on the side, but the possibilities are pretty endless. You can mix up the cheese with whatever you have and add lettuce, green onions, or tomatoes.
These BBQ Chicken Nachos are always a big hit when I make them, and our small group of people easily polished off this entire tray of nachos! These would be great for your next party or just for a Sunday afternoon in front of the TV!
- 2 rotisserie chicken breasts, shredded
- 1/2 cup bbq sauce
- 1 1b. bag of tortilla chips
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 red onion, diced
- Desired Toppings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix together chicken with your BBQ sauce until all pieces are coated.
- Place your tortilla chips on an oven safe tray or cookie sheet.
- Spread your chicken out evenly over the chips and then sprinkle the onion over it.
- Top with cheese and then bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and started to brown. Keep a close eye on it so that your chips don't burn!
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.