Overnight Mocha Oats; chocolate oats with a hint of coffee that takes 5 minutes to prepare, is healthy and tastes like a dessert. Winning!
Ooooh I love chocolate, but is there anything sweeter than being right??
Yep, being right a couple of times in a row today. Feels fabulous…! My fave went something like this:
What have you been doing on ebay? Your account owes money.. (a little more blah blah blah)
Me: Nothing… I can’t even remember the password…
(a little more of, well it must be you…)
And then there was this mid sentence pause … Oh wait, it wasn’t me… it was YOU 😉
You know what else is sweet? Sunny mornings, snoozing the alarm, chocolate for breakfast and knowing that you don’t have to rush, because… you know what? You’re smart, you rock and you made your breakfast last night.
You thought of future you. I am always thinking of Future Kirst (sounds like a super hero)… what can I do today that will make better tomorrow? One thing, make breakfast tonight…
Get gets better; it tastes like dessert and it’s healthy… oh, yeah. Cue applause, gasps of shock and hold onto your horses just a little longer until you get to the recipe. This one is SO easy, you’ll be loving yourself and me in the AM for making those work days a little brighter. No, no, no … you don’t have to thank me, just follow me here… that way we can gloat in our awesomeness together 😉
Whether you are heading into spring or the beautiful season of autumn, this is the perfect
dessert ahem, I mean breakfast to wake up to 😉 I add some fresh fruit, cacao nibs and sometimes coconut just to make it even better.
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 large scoop chocolate protein powder
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao or cocoa power
- 1/4 cup black coffee
- 1/2 cup low fat milk
- 1/4 cup low fat thick yoghurt
- optional- sweetener of brown sugar, honey or stevia depending on protein powder and extra milk or water to adjust consistency
- In a small bowl add the oats, protein powder and cacao/cocoa and mix to combine.
- Add the coffee, milk and yoghurt to the oats and mix well to combine.
- Cover and leave in the fridge overnight or for at least a couple of hours.
- Depending on the protein powder's sweetness, you may like to add some sweetness (I never need to)
- Check consistency (I like them thick) and add water/milk to thin if desired.
- Serve alone or with fruit, coconut and cacao nibs