I have something really fun to share with you today. Have you ever tried Farm Rich Products? They are great snack products and are perfect for this time of the year when we are all enjoying tailgating and football season! Farm Rich is running a Back Your Snack Contest and you can vote on your favorite snack hack! All voters will be entered in a really fun sweepstakes with all kinds of awesome prizes. (see bottom of post for more info!) We all love quick and easy snack hacks and I have one for you today as well using Farm Rich Boneless Buffalo Chicken Bites.
My snack is inspired by one of my favorite Chinese buffet foods, Crab Rangoons. I am going to be honest and tell you that I could eat the entire order of these all by myself. I used to ask to get Chinese take out all the time, just so I could chow down on these bad boys. Have you ever had them? They are cream cheese, crab meat, and seasonings, all mixed up together in a crunchy fried won ton. Well, sadly, my crab rangoon eating days have ended. I am now extremely allergic to shellfish and just one bite of these makes my throat close up. My Mom is allergic to shellfish too and she always jokes that on her deathbed, she wants something to bring her tons and tons of shrimp. Well on my deathbed, I would love rangoons, every one that I can get my hands on!
Since I can´t have the crab version, I set out to create a version that is easy, delicious, and a fun substitute for my former favorite food. I used diced boneless buffalo wings, cream cheese, and both ranch and bleu cheese in my won tons. My husband isn’t a bleu cheese fan so I made half with ranch and half with bleu cheese. The rangoons are the perfect receptacle to hold a bunch of the creamy ranch slaw. From start to finish, this recipe takes less than 30 minutes and uses very few ingredients. That makes this the perfect entertaining recipe in my book!
Try these Baked Buffalo Chicken Rangoons with Creamy Ranch Slaw for your next party or for the upcoming holiday entertaining season! I guarantee they will be a hit!
- For the rangoons:
- 20 wonton wrappers (found in the refrigerated produce section at Walmart)
- 6 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature, both light or regular work great
- 1 box Farm Rich Boneless Buffalo Wings
- 1/3 cup ranch dressing or 1/3 cup bleu cheese dressing (whichever you prefer!)
- optional: bleu cheese crumbles
- For the slaw:
- 8 oz of cole slaw mix
- 2 tbsp. malt vinegar
- 3 tbsp. ranch dressing
- bleu cheese crumbles as garnish if desired
- Make your slaw 1 hour in advance. In a medium sized bowl, mix together cabbage cole slaw mix, vinegar and ranch dressing. Mix until well incorporated and then cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve cold with the rangoons.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Once heated, place chicken on a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes and then flip, and then again for another 5 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking, mix together cream cheese and either the ranch dressing or bleu cheese dressing until well mixed.
- When chicken is done, remove from oven, toss with provided buffalo sauce, and then chop into bite size pieces.
- Lay your won tons out onto a pan. Put a 1 tsp. smear of cream cheese mixture in the center and then 1 tsp. of buffalo chicken. Fold wonton in a triangle and seal edges with water. If your wontons are ripping, use less filling or push filling down into a flatter area.
- Once all wontons are filled and folded, place on a non stick baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes and then flip, and then again for another 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Enjoy immediately with additional dressing and the ranch slaw!
Here are all of the stores where you can see live in store demos and vote for your favorite finalist on 10/8, 10/9 and 10/11 Demo Store List All voters will be entered into a fun sweepstakes!
For complete contest rules, go here!
I picked up my Farm Rich product in the frozen snack aisle at Walmart!