Check out more details on the 21 Day Fix, buy products, and see other Beachbody Products HERE!
Sweet potatoes are one of my favorite foods that I never actually make. Do you have any foods like this? Ones you love but never think to make? We don’t actually make any type of potatoes all that often. I usually reach for pasta or rice when I am putting together the starch component of our meal, but this side dish is so good and so healthy that I think I will have to add it to our normal repertoire!
When I do make potatoes, I usually make smashed potatoes (which is just my lazy version of mashed potatoes.) I normally use butter and milk to help moosh up my potatoes, but this time I decided to replace those with protein packed Greek yogurt. I was scared that this could end up in disaster, but after one bite, I knew I had stumbled on a winner! The yogurt made the potatoes creamy and tangy, which paired with a little agave nectar and cinnamon, was the perfect combination of tangy and sweet! These 21 Day Fix Skinny Smashed Sweet Potatoes are so good and are made even better because they are healthy and can be used for the popular diet, the 21 Day Fix by Beachbody.
Have you seen the sweet potatoes that you steam in the bag in the microwave?! These have changed my life…seriously. If you see these at the grocery store, stock up! If you try these 21 Day Fix Skinny Smashed Sweet Potatoes, please let me know! And if you have other delicious Fix Approved recipes, please share them as well! I would love to have more in my arsenal! At the bottom of this post I have linked to 28 other 21 Day Fix Recipes, please check them out!!
Skinny Smashed Sweet Potatoes (A 21 Day Fix Approved Recipe)
- kinny Smashed Sweet Potatoes
- 4 medium sized sweet potatoes, cubed and boiled, or steamed in the microwave
- 3/4 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp. agave nectar
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cube peeled potatoes and boil them until tender or cook until tender in the microwave. Remove skins if you used the microwave method.
- While still warm, place potatoes into a medium sized mixing bowl. Add yogurt and smash with a potato masher, heavy wooden spoon, or whatever your desired method is. Taste for seasonings and add salt and pepper. I did not use much here because the potatoes were delicious as is.
- Drizzle potatoes with agave and then sprinkle with cinnamon and brown sugar. Garnish with more yogurt to mix in later if desired.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
(I used this recipe for the 21 Day Fix and measured out my serving in the yellow container. I counted this recipe as 1 yellow and 1 red because of the yogurt.) Enjoy!
Check out my new round up of 21 Day Fix Recipes HERE!