Hi, friends! It’s Cat from The Rustic Willow here to share one of my absolutely favorite breakfast recipes with you. I am certain you are going to love this Bacon and Sausage Biscuits and Gravy. I’m a huge fan of biscuits and gravy, and normally I usually just make sausage gravy, but I decided to step it up a notch and make bacon and sausage gravy. And let me tell you, I’m never going back to my old ways. This new way is just too good!
First of all, warm gravy over toasted biscuits is incredibly delicious by itself. But adding bacon to anything makes it instantly better… right?! At least that’s my philosophy. I think most of you will agree!
I love how the bacon and parsley add some unexpected color to an otherwise basic looking dish. The parsley really freshens up the flavors too, so don’t skip it!
Plus, I live in Colorado, and we’ve already had snowfall in the double digits this season. Therefore, I always crave something warm and comforting in the morning. I’m not big on the cold weather, but turning the fire on and indulging in something as wonderful as biscuits and gravy makes the cold weather all the more better. Truly, there is no better way to start the day then with something warm and comforting.
So, will you do me a favor? Please, please, please make these this weekend. If not this weekend, then the next. You really won’t regret it! Do you have company coming for the holidays? Take a break from the regular pancakes and waffles and give this a try. We love this Bacon and Sausage Biscuits and Gravy in our home and I am sure you will love it in yours as well. Enjoy and Happy Holidays, everyone!
- 1 lb. mild breakfast sausage
- 5 strips of bacon
- 4 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 3-4 cups of milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Parsley for garnish
- Cook bacon and set aside.
- Head a large skillet to medium heat. Add the sausage and cook until browned.
- Remove sausage from skillet with a slotted spoon and set aside in a bowl.
- Add butter to the skillet and melt.
- Slowly add in flour and whisk for 1 minutes.
- Slowly pour in the milk, whisk until sauce thickens. Add the sausage and crumbled the bacon in, whisk until meat is heated through.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour over toast or biscuits.
- Top with parsley.