Mini Chicken Enchilada Bites are everyone’s favorite Mexican food, turned into an appetizer! Smoky chicken, creamy cheese, and delicious enchilada sauce combine into the easiest, most delicious snack or appetizer!
We are a Mexican Food loving family. I know that I will never get any complaints when I serve Mexican food for dinner so I am always trying to come up with different ways to reinvent our favorites. We all love tacos, but it is ni ce to mix it up sometimes. Enchiladas are definitely one of my favorite easy Mexican dinners, but recently I had been thinking it would be fun to serve mini sized enchiladas that would be perfect for a filling appetizer for any party!
I have a basic formula when serving food for an appetizer only party. One hot dip, one cold dip, one store bought item, one sweet item, and one heartier appetizer that has meat. The store bought item is usually meat, cheese, and crackers and I love to serve this Jalapeño Corn Dip and this Spicy Roasted Red Pepper Ranch Dip for some easy dips that are full of flavor. When it comes to the meaty appetizer, meatballs are always easy or sandwiches are always a crowd pleaser. These easy Mini Chicken Enchilada Bites are definitely going to go into rotation for the hearty appetizer! They are simple, but oh so delicious.
I have a strict rule for my blog that we eat everything I make to photograph. I know there are some bloggers who prepare a bunch of dishes for photo shoots and never eat them. That seriously blows my mind and I can’t imagine how much food goes to waste! So the day I made these mini enchilada bites, it was at an awkward time of the day. It was between meals and I was so worried they would go to waste. After shooting them, I left them on the white plate and walked out of the kitchen for a while. My husband was home early from work that day and when I returned to the kitchen, they were gone. When food tastes this good, you don’t have to worry about waste, even if its 3:00 in the afternoon! Mini Chicken Enchilada Bites are good any time, right?!
- 12 mini flour tortilla boats
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 15 oz enchilada sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese cheddar or monteray jack
- toppings: sour cream, lettuce, guacamole, etc.
- Preheat a sauce pan to medium heat and preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Add enchilada sauce to the pan and heat until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken to the sauce and reduce heat to low and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour two heaping tablespoons of chicken into each flour tortilla and then top with a heaping tablespoon of cheese.
- Place tortillas on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes, or until edges get golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately with desired toppings.