Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie Soup is fast, easy, and the perfect filling soup for chilly winter days!
Is it freezing where you live? We are having a relatively mild winter, but it is cold, snowy, and icy this week! It is the perfect time of the year to make lots of warm and comforting meals! Soup is always one of my favorite things to make when it is extra cold outside.
I have a had a bag of flat egg noodles staring at me from our pantry for longer than I’d like to admit. I really want to use up some things in there and decided enough was enough, I was going to use these noodles! When my phone rang and I learned we were having a snow day, I knew it would be a perfect day to whip up some soup. I haven’t used my Instant Pot for soup yet, and was excited to try it!
New to the Instant Pot or have never heard of it? Well then you are missing out!! I am not usually one for trendy kitchen gadgets, but the Instant Pot is seriously amazing! It is an electric pressure cooker that cooks quickly and has so many different functions. It can make breakfast, lunch, or dinner, and even dessert and yogurt! It is so versatile! I was a little nervous to try it at first but once you understand the mechanics of it, it is so easy to throw a bunch of ingredients in and get a great result. I have the 6 quart and it is the perfect size for family dinners.
So back to this Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie Soup! It was perfect for using up some odds and ends in the fridge. I also used frozen chicken tenderloins and love that I didn’t need to defrost them first! One of things I hate most about making soup is poaching chicken and then shredding it but the Instant Pot made quick work of that! I was able to throw every thing into the pot, except for the noodles and milk, and cook it all together! After releasing the pressure, I added in the noodles and milk and let it cook on saute until the noodles were soft and the broth thickened. Definitely the perfect comfort food for this chilly day!
If you are new to the Instant Pot, this is a great beginner recipe! In less than half an hour, you will have a soup that tastes like it cooked all day long!
- 4 frozen chicken breast tenderloins or two frozen small chicken breasts
- 3 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 bag of frozen corn
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb. flat egg noodles
- 1 tbsp. chicken bouillon
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 32 oz. chicken broth
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tbsp. flour
- Put frozen chicken, celery, carrots, onion, garlic cloves, corn, chicken bouillon, garlic powder, pepper and chicken broth into the pot.
- Turn lid to close and switch vent to sealed. Cook on manual high pressure for 15 minutes. When finished turn pot off and quick release the pot.
- After pressure is released, open the pot and shred chicken with two forks into large chunks. Turn pot to saute.
- In a small bowl, whisk the flour into the milk until well combined. Add the milk mixture into the pot and then add the noodles. Stir well. Let noodles continue to cook into the broth on the saute function. Make sure to keep pot uncovered. Stir every few minutes to prevent sticking. Cook noodles 9-13 minutes or until tender. (mine took 10) Taste for seasoning and add more if desired.
Save this Post for Later!
Affiliate Links Used in This Post