This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CampbellSavings #CollectiveBias
Can you believe that it is the middle of July already? I know in some areas of the US, people are already planning for back to school at the beginning of August! We luckily don’t start until the end of August, but I am already feeling like summer is passing us by way too quickly. Although, to be honest, with this heat we are having, I am not sad to see the days tick by as we get closer to my due date! In just about two weeks, our little girl should be here!
We are so excited for our new addition, but know that August will be a challenge. I will be adjusting to having two children and having a daughter in school four days a week! Days will be busy and revolve around new schedules and I just hope we all adjust okay! I am always in awe of the moms who have tons of kids running to so many different activities once the school year rolls around and still manage to make sure every one is clean, fed, and happy!
When schedules get busy, dinner time tends to slip. Back to school time is the perfect time to use your slow cooker because you can throw everything in and forget about it till dinner time. These Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken Burrito Bowls are even easier than your normal slow cooker meal because it barely needs any ingredients and you can just set out all the burrito fixings and let people help themselves as their schedule allows. They are kid friendly, but definitely good for adults too! We always enjoy having these for dinner!
The slow cooker salsa chicken is a recipe I have been making for ages. It requires only four things plus a handful of spices. All you need are cream cheese, chicken, sour cream and salsa. I used Pace Picante for this because it is mild and smooth and makes a delicious sauce for the chicken. It is full of delicious veggies and has a kick without being too spicy for kids!
You wouldn’t believe how far this meal stretches, too. I only used two chicken breasts and we had enough chicken to fill a ton of burrito bowls!
Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken Burrito Bowls
- 2 medium-large chicken breasts
- 1 jar Pace Picante Sauce
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 3 heaping tbsp. sour cream
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Flour Tortilla Bowls
- Desired burrito toppings such as lettuce, cheese, black olives, rice beans, sour cream, etc.
- In your slow cooker, add chicken, cream cheese, and salsa. Stir well. Add garlic powder and chili powder.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours.
- Half an hour before serving, shred your chicken (it should just fall apart) and then add the sour cream and salt and pepper to taste. Stir well and let cook another half an hour. Don't put the lid back on! Let it cook without the lid so it gets thicker.
- When ready to serve, remove chicken from the slow cooker and set out all your desired toppings. Fill each burrito bowl as desired. Enjoy!
Want to save this recipe? Pin it for later!
With this pregnancy and the heat, I have been limiting my coffee and hot tea drinking and replaced it with this delicious V8 +Energy Blueberry Pomegranate Juice! It has delicious fruit flavor and gives me a boost of energy from green tea! I will definitely be needing that natural source of energy once the baby comes!
Check out more delicious Campbell’s Products here!
Get some great coupons for V8, Campbell’s Chicken Noodle Soup, Pace Salsa, and Prego Sauces here!
I got my Pace Picante Sauce and V8 at Walmart.