Contributor Kirsten back again this month with a delicious recipe for Honey Ricotta Toasties!
Honeyed Raspberry and Banana Ricotta Toast; crunchy toast smothered with creamy, sweet honey ricotta, raspberries and banana. Quick, easy & perfect for brunch!
I started brainstorming all the things I wanted to make for you this month…
- Apricot pies
- Warm soups…
Wrong, eh? Most of you lovely people are basking in the summer sun, enjoying long days and reaching for ice cream (or the air con remote!)
It’s the complete opposite here-
And then… then there was that slim moment in time that reminded me that my world over here in the southern hemisphere is SO different to yours at the moment… in true Melbourne form, it was a moment that only lasted minutes…maybe even a minute…
The sun came out.
Oh! You don’t realise how much you miss the sun until you haven’t had a nice day a long time. In that moment – I got a stoke of genius (well, so I think) and a craving from years gone by.
When I first moved to the city, I lived in the inner city ‘burbs… I think 9/10 meals were not at home, so it wasn’t surprising that I knew the local menus like the back of my hand. But there was one that stole my heart…
Brunch. I think that is the most beautiful word… and my favourite meal 😉
My friends and I would hit up our local brunch spot every weekend, we were regulars.. didn’t need a menu or to even give our order for that matter – they knew us so well. They served this ahhhh-mazing fruit toast and then they added ricotta… heaven! This recipe is inspired by those good ol’ days…
Honeyed Raspberry and Banana Ricotta Toast is perfect to enjoy in the summer sun… or in pajamas in front of the heater in winter 😉
Who else is with me… brunch is the best yeah? What is your favourite meal? You can see more breakfast deliciousness here!
- 2/3 cup (firmly packed) low fat firm ricotta
- 1 1/2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon honey (plus extra to drizzle)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon fresh raspberries
- 1/2 banana
- 2 - 4 pieces toast (depending on how thick you want the ricotta and how big the toast is)
- In a small bowl add the ricotta, milk, honey and vanilla and use a stick blender to combine. Blitz until smooth. If you don't have a stick blender, you can use a fork to combine but it won't be as creamy.
- Break the raspberries up into smaller segments and gently fold through the ricotta mix.
- Spread on toast, top with chopped banana and drizzle with honey if desired.