Toasted Summer Berry Granola; crispy, crunchy, sweet summer berry granola with oats and coconut. So delicious, you’ll want to eat it by the handful!
What is that thing they say about jealousy? It’s a curse or something….?
I don’t know, but what I DO know is that while I am over here with the heater on high and I am ACHING to get outside for a run… it is sunny and warm with long days where most of you are.
My town can’t decide if it is sunny, pouring, cold or freezing. I 100% blame the tightness of my jeans on the weather… it is MAKING me stay inside… and eat 😉
They say be careful what you wish for… I was wishing for cold afternoons, snuggling up on the couch with a blanket and a book, warm stews and glasses of warm tea, coffee… wine. Autumn (and winter) seem so dreamy… when it is summer and it isn’t raining 4 out of 5 days (and also that little slap of reality.. you know, work and house work 😉 Who seriously has time to read?? )
So I decided to bring the summer to me. One things I miss most about the warm weather is the summer fruit (this is the part where my dad KILLS me by telling me about the fresh local fruit and perfect tropical weather conditions where he lives in the north)
Secondly, I am obsessed with yoghurt… like it is an actual problem. I swear I could eat the stuff for breakfast, lunch and dinner… ESPECIALLY when I have some crunchy granola to spice it up.
Wanna know what is even better??
When the granola tastes like a cookies. Yeah…. This granola is crispy, sweet and smells absolutely amazing when you bake it. It is the perfect gift and even more perfect to take out little handfuls as a snack… I have no will power. I can’t lie, I have burnt my mouth more than once because I can’t wait for it to cool on the tray…! I also have eaten this entire jar in the photo… and in record time 😉
- 3 large tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 1/2 large tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (optional)
- 2 cups rolled oats
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 3/4 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup dried summer fruits, such as blueberries, raspberries, cranberries etc
- 1/3 cup flaked coconut (any type)
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C degrees
- Melt butter, coconut oil, honey and sugar together until the sugar is dissolved and it starts to simmer.
- Mix in oats, cinnamon and vanilla and bake for 10 minutes until it begins to slightly turn golden.
- Take out of oven and add the almonds, mix and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Add the fruit, mix and bake for 5 minutes.
- Add the coconut, mix and bake for 5 minutes
- Leave it to cool and then store in an airtight container.