This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #IDSimplyPure #CollectiveBias
Skinny Blueberry Muffins with Lemon Vanilla Glaze are a protein packed and delicious way to start your mornings!
Does it feel like spring in your neck of the woods? I live in the middle of a mountain range in PA, so we don’t often get nice weather so early in the year. It isn’t rare that we are still shoveling snow for a few more weeks! I am loving all the sunshine and warm temperatures and hope they last.
Springtime is such a great time of the year for cooking. Produce finally starts coming back in season and I don’t find myself paying 6.00 for a carton of blueberries! My daughter loves berries so she often cons me into buying them, despite the large price tag!
She was thrilled when I told her we could buy blueberries last week, and was even more excited when I told her we were going to bake them into muffins! The cooking and baking bug has bitten my little four year old hard, and there is nothing she enjoys more than helping me in the kitchen.
These muffins are a little different than your normal blueberry muffin. I substituted some of the fat with a low fat vanilla Greek yogurt. I love the tang it provides and also the punch of protein. It makes me feel better about eating them for breakfast! I also topped the muffins with a light lemon vanilla glaze, just for some additional flavor. I used new International Delights Simply Pure Creamer which we have been using in our morning coffee and love! There are only five ingredients, three of which are real milk, cream, and sugar. At the last minute, I added the lemon to the glaze and am so glad I did. Nothing says spring more than the bright taste of lemon! Since these muffins are light on sugar, the glaze really punches up the flavor!
I hope you are enjoying warmer weather and that you try these Skinny Blueberry Muffins with Lemon Vanilla Glaze! I could lick the glaze straight out of the bowl…I have no shame!
- Recipe makes 12 muffins
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. International Delights Simple Pure Vanilla Creamer
- 1/2 cup milk
- heaping 1/4 cup vanilla greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries tossed in 1 tablespoon flour
- For the glaze:
- 5 tbsp. International Delights Simply Pure Vanilla Creamer
- 2-3 tbsp. powdered sugar
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray a 12 well muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, add flour, salt, and baking powder. Whisk to combine.
- In another bowl, add egg, milk, sugar, yogurt, oil, and creamer. Whisk to combine.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and gently stir until combined. Don't over mix.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Fill muffin wells 2/3 full and then bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
- While baking, whisk together glaze ingredients. Add more sugar if it seems too thin. You want it to be thin but be able to coat the back of a spoon.
- When muffins are done, remove from oven and let cool in tin for 3 minutes. Remove from tin and put on a cooling rack. Place a piece of foil under the rack and then drizzle 1-2 tsp. of glaze over each muffin.
- Let cool and then enjoy!
Check out International Delight’s Website here!
You can find the new Simply Pure Creamers at Walmart!