These Healthy Turkey and Zucchini Burgers are a delicious combination of ground turkey and shredded zucchini, which results in the tastiest and juiciest turkey burger you have ever had!
In our house, we are definitely grill people. The second the weather warms up, we fire up the grill and cook anything and everything on it. I am always looking for new recipes to try and so far, we have had a couple big winners. Some of our favorites are Bacon Cheeseburger Grilled Pizza , Grilled Romaine Caesar Salad with Asiago Cheese Toast Points, Grilled Chipotle Chicken Tostadas and these Turkey and Zucchini Burgers are quickly going to the top of our favorites as well!
I saw these on SkinnyTaste.com last week and bought the ingredients the very next day to make them. I switched up the recipe a bit, but stuck to her ingredients for the most part. Like all of Gina’s recipes, this is a Weight Watchers recipe, but is so tasty that you don’t miss any of the calories! My three year old questioned why her hamburger was white instead of brown, but once she got over that, she gobbled it up! She didn’t even notice the green streaks throughout the burger!
The grated zucchini makes the burgers super moist and keeps them from drying out. I used ground turkey breast because I don’t really care for the taste of regular ground turkey. I prefer using the all white meat and despite it being 99 percent fat free, you would never know because the water from the zucchini keeps them so juicy.
We topped our burgers with arugula, because we are pretty obsessed with it, but you could do lettuce or whatever your favorite burger toppings are. I also put a little BBQ sauce on mine and Ryan used dijon mustard, both of which were really good! Feel free to add cheese too! One thing I just recently started using is a hamburger press. It ensures all the patties are even and also indents them in the center so they cook evenly. I plan to make these Turkey and Zucchini Burgers again and again this summer and I hope you try them too!
- 1 lb. extra lean ground turkey breast
- 1/2 cup grated zucchini
- 1/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 clove of garlic, grated
- 1/2 small onion, grated
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. salt and pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- your choice of burger toppings
- Grate your zucchini and then lay on a clean dish towel. Squeeze all of the moisture out of the zucchini. Put into a bowl.
- Grate your onion and garlic (this ensures you don't have big chunks in your burgers) and add to the zucchini.
- Add the turkey breast and salt, pepper, and garlic powder and then the egg. Mix well with your hands.
- Separate into 5 equal sized burgers.
- Set aside while your grill preheats to medium high heat.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Serve immediately with desired toppings.
Affiliate Links Used in This Post