The post for this Jalapeño Corn Dip has been a long time coming. I have been making this dip for years, but in the last few months, I have made it at least six times. It seems like I have been making it for every event that comes up. Every time I make it, I remind myself to take pictures of it so I can post, but each time, the dip gets devoured before I get a good shot of it.
I have had so many people ask for the recipe that I realized I better make it again soon and make sure to get the pictures taken. When I decided to throw a last minute get together this weekend, I knew this Jalapeño Corn dip had to be on the menu, not only so I could share it with you guys, but because one of the guests really loves this dip.
I used to make a different version of this dip that was really popular on Pinterest a few years back, Jalapeño Popper Dip. While I love that recipe, I have always loved hot corn dip as well, so I decided to combine the two. I continued to tweak this recipe until I came up with this one, and I have to say, no more tweaking is necessary. This one is good, so very good. I know for most people, the go-to dip is Buffalo Chicken Dip, but I am going to go out on a whim here and say this is even better. One guest at our house took some and put it on his plate and let it sit there for a bit. He’s picky and told me he doesn’t like spicy food, doesn’t like corn, and doesn’t like jalapeños. Well…one bite was all it took and he was singing its praises. He was a skeptic at first, but was later downing this dip with the rest of us.
You really need to make this soon…whether for a party, pot-luck, or even for dinner (hey, just don’t tell anyone, right?) and you will be singing The Jalapeno Corn Dip praises, too.
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 4 oz. diced green chiles, drained
- 6 oz. canned jalapeños, diced
- 1 can sweet corn, drained
- 1 1/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, place your cream cheese and mayo. Mix with a hand mixer on medium speed until smooth and creamy. Don't skip this step or you may end up with little balls of cream cheese in your dip.
- Add the chiles, jalapeños, and corn and mix with a wooden spoon until evenly incorporated. Fold in 1/2 cup of the cheddar cheese and stir. Spread dip mixture evenly in a small casserole dish. You could also add it to a crock pot at this point and cook on low for 2 hours or until warm.
- Spread remaining cheddar cheese over the dip and then sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until bubbling. Serve immediately. Enjoy!